7 Ways to Boost Productivity in 2017
With 2017 underway, your organisation may be considering ways to boost productivity. Whether you already have a list of planned objectives or if you are still thinking of your goals, here are seven beneficial practices that you may want to implement:
- Prioritise ethics and transparency across your entire organisation. Examine your business practices and supply chain to identify any unethical or environmentally harmful practices. Remedy any you find and adopt a position of transparency to avoid penalties and ensure that you have the support of your stakeholders and the public.
- Collaborate with your suppliers. Foster a rapport with your suppliers to bolster communication, stability, flexibility and to potentially receive a better rate.
- Invest in information management. With a robust information management system, your organisation can identify and improve areas of your business that are disorganised and inefficient.
- Transition away from pencil and paper. Whilst it may be a time-consuming process, transferring your files to digital will allow your company to become more efficient and reduce the number of errors.
- Reorganise your supply chains to make them more agile. Regularly review your supply chain to ensure that it is as efficient as possible.
- Provide ongoing training for employees. Your employees should never stop learning. Help them stay productive by providing regular training on new methods and tools.
- Conduct regular efficiency inspections. Take a thorough inspection of each department and manufacturing process to identify whether it could be streamlined.